Alpha's original post:
Image & text copyright AlphaButtonPusher
- If you are reading this then this warning is for you.
- Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life.
- Don't you have other things to do?
- Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it?
- Do you read everything you're supposed to read?
- Do you think every thing you're supposed to think?
- Buy what you're told to want?
- Get out of your apartment.
- Meet a member of the opposite sex.
- Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation.
- Quit your job. Start a fight.
- Prove you're alive.
Here's my answer - this post made me think, and made me want to respond (I don't do either very often):
"...But in deference to my advanced age and grey hairs, let me answer thusly:
- I AM my job - artist, designer, A-grade Worrier
- I'm definitely what money we have in the bank - we'r always one step away from the breadline.
- We don't even have a car! (then again, in London you don't actually need one, and if you had it there isn't anywhere to park the thing)
- For contents of wallet, see remark about money & bank
- Do I read everything? Nope - probably why I'm often in trouble
- My thoughts are definitely my own (bloshie and argumentative)
- Buy what I'm told? No... but I'm a sucker for the latest art materials I see demonstrated, and I just got talked into buying the new Serif Photoplus programme... so maybe Yes...
- Married to member of opposite sex
- Can no longer afford it, and... puhleeese.. I'm 57... well over THAT kind of thing
- Quit? Well, I quit the day job around 10 years ago. Quit this one? No - it's my raison de'etre.
- I think I'm alive - I was last time I looked.
Excellent post, very thought provoking - and now you get windy comments from old farts like me!..."
If this post made you think - go to AlphaButtonPusher's site and make your comment - and stay to read more of her blog.