Saturday, 13 March 2010

A HECTIC PINK SATURDAY

This week my post is short and sweet! It's been a very hectic week, and I thought I'd be too late...


By Vermhelo

I found this little sketch online - I saved it with the name of the artist, and now don't know what site I found it on, duh! I've included it because it's pink and it's charming and quirky and I wish I could loosen up more to draw like that.

By Vermhelo

And a charming little bee - which I've been as busy as...

And some coffee quotes, as I’ve definitely over-dosed on caffeine this week….

005

 "A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent." Anonymous

"Behind every successful woman...is a substantial amount of coffee."
Stephanie Piro
686209_356x237
"Black as hell, strong as death, sweet as love." 
Turkish proverb.

"Chocolate, men, coffee--some things are better rich."
 Anonymous
thMartiniQueens-1
"Coffee: creative lighter fluid." 
Floyd Maxwell 

"Coffee falls into the stomach ... ideas begin to move, things remembered arrive at full gallop ... the shafts of wit start up like sharp-shooters, similes arise, the paper is covered with ink."
Honor de Balzac
AlicW-01 

Here's a lovely blog you may not have seen before: Christine's Beadworks.
Christine does lovely work: very intricate beading, as you can see from the examples in her header -  and also very interesting bios on artists I otherwise might not have heard of. (I'm a little prejudiced as I just finished her background and header). Do go and take a look - and say Hi from me.

pink saturday


Don’t forget to visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound to see all the other Pink Saturday posts!

15 comments:

  1. Hello Susie; Happy Pink Saturday;;;

    That is a sweet sketch sure wish I could do that... love all the coffee quotes.... have a great weekend.

    Pink Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents13 March 2010 at 07:44

    What adorable sketches and fun quotes!!

    Happy PINK Saturday!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee! More coffee!!! Keeping me going now, too.

    I went off to the links and almost forgot to come back and comment. Well done!

    I spent about 15 minutes on my linensandlaurel dot com yesterday. It now matches my blog. And, I had to use a 100 x 600 header. It's the law there, seriously. I like it.

    HPS, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couture de Papier13 March 2010 at 13:08

    Lovely post...Happy Pink Saturday!PS I am having a pink blog giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. someplace in thyme13 March 2010 at 14:38

    Oh Susie, I love the quotes, they have me laughing. Altho I am not a coffee drinker, I prefer tea, I can relate. I too can see why you would admire the sketches, very indearing to me as well. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your random and quirky pinks! And i want some coffee- now!

    Happy PS!

    In Shoes We Trust,
    Maggie Mae
    "Do these shoes Match this purse?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. CollectIn Texas Gal13 March 2010 at 15:11

    Hyped on Caffine sure made for a fun Pink Saturday Post, Susie! Love the Coffee quotes and the illustrations are perfect! Thanks for the shoutout to Christines...I'm goin there now. Come see me...Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. {Bellamere Cottage}13 March 2010 at 16:32

    Hi Susie.....

    Oh how I understand the not being able to loosen up. I have a hard time with that too. I need a cure. It happens with everything I do... :-)

    Have a wonderful Pink Saturday.....

    Huggies,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore that sketch, so charming!
    thanks for making my pink saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. VMcreation-fashion-studio-atelier13 March 2010 at 22:49

    Dear Sussie!-)*

    Such a beautyful post!
    You images selection is SO inspired and lovely!!!
    You gives me joyful and sweet feelings,thank you,my dear friend!-)))*

    My love and care,

    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are able to slow down a bit next week! Sometimes I commit to Pink Saturday and then wonder how I will ever get something together in time! You did great love all the coffee quotes!! Have a great weekend and Happy Pink Saturday! Sherri : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! Like the first image!! Take time to catch your breath!!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Queen of Dreamsz14 March 2010 at 21:41

    Hello Susie,

    I'm late, I'm late!! haha Income tax papers put a cramp in my PiNk Saturday visiting!!

    I love this little sketch of the lady...too sweet. But I dearly love the quotes concerning coffee. Very good!

    Thanks for coming by and for the thumbs up on my re-sized header...I've even rearranged my two sidebar's images by size and I added back the date stamp on the post..it's a beginning until I make the next decision. :0)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the coffee sayings (especially the Turkish one), Susie and I love the drawings. Happy PS and I hope your eye is healing properly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ThriftyAnnabella15 March 2010 at 00:25

    Very nice - Happy late Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments, and I read each & every single one! Thank you so much.
 
Spammers please note - all comments are moderated, so your spam will not get through!