Friday, 9 July 2010

PINK SATURDAY - I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW!

Copyright-free image from Tack-o-Rama

I've had to miss a few Pink Saturdays - pressure of work (busy, busy, BUSY)... and because of needing new glasses!

Believe me, if you've ever tried to do anything on the computer using your reading glasses (I wanted to keep my frames, so had to make do with my old ones: the prescription before the current one which was being replaced) you've never lived! Migraine, nose about an inch from the screen, and after an hour or s,o my eyes felt like they were plaiting from the inside.

Copyright-free image from Tack-o-Rama
and photoshopped by me

As I'm one of those 'lucky' people who can't tolerate varifocals or bifocals, I now have 3 sets of glasses! My computer glasses live by the keyboard, and my readers and distance glasses get juggled as necessary. Definitely signs of getting older... as Bette Davis said, 'Old age ain't for sissies!'.

 Cupcake stand - thanks, CC!

Sunbonnet Sue pincushion by CC

So now my outlook is sunny, and I'm in the pink again! I also received my brilliant prize of the prettiest cupcake stand you ever saw - CC's giveaway on Lace'n'RibbonRoses (and I never win anything so I was totally thrilled) plus CC sent another package - with this brilliant Sunbonnet Sue pincushion (now sitting on top of my sewing machine) plus some lovely lace and pearl strings, hand-crocheted mats and a little vintage basket about 1 inch high.

Fun stuff

Here are some totally frivolous pictures - just because I like them!

Bill Minder

I love the way the boy is diving into the spread... food is on my mind these days, lol.


This town is where my husband is from - on the North Yorkshire coast (top right-hand side of England, before you get to Scotland). It's very hilly: cable cars, just like San Francisco - and very beautiful. Lots of wonderful Victorian architecture, especially the Grand Hotel, which overhangs the cliff on the North Bay.

Georges Barbier - I know it says 'Spring', but it makes me think of Summer!

My Blog of The Week



I'm very pleased to have finished this blog for Toh Ee: Be Holistically Inspired -  this blog is a wonderful concept. Toh Ee has a great outlook on life, and is very wise re health, nutrition etc. This is a brand-new blog, not a makeover, so not all of the pages are ready to go... but the ones that are done are pretty special! I can't wait to see the rest. I hope you'll go and visit her and leave some nice comments. (I'm hoping to coax Toh Ee to take part and join the Pink Saturday gang, so fingers crossed.)

I'm very interested in all this - healthy eating, holistic outlook, exercise -  especially at the moment as I'm now in the 7th week of my diet and doing well: I created a new blog (another one!) as a visual record. (And also because it's public, it's helping me to stick to it). Today I bought new jeans (pedal pushers) a whole size smaller!

Happy Pink Saturday!

pink saturday

Don’t forget to visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound to see all the other wonderful Pink Saturday posts!

19 comments:

  1. Country Wings in Phoenix9 July 2010 at 23:18

    Happy Pink Saturday Susie Sweetie...
    Oh honey I so adore your glasses. They go perfectly with your dress. You are so UPtown Girl. I love it. You are not alone sweetie, I have a few pair of my own. Aren't they they pits? Some days I can't remember where I have put them all.

    I love the photo of the boy diving into the food. Just like a man isn't it? Just dive right in.

    The second photo of Scarborough looks so refreshing. I love the halter back on the blue dress. It looks so nautical. Love it.

    Thank you for sharing sweet friend. I will stop over and say hi to your friend and welcome her. Maybe we can convince her to play on Pink Saturday? I know she would love it.

    Have a beautiful day sweetie. Country hugs and much love...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you sound like your life is as busy as mine! I am thrilled your diet is going well! How fun to buy smaller clothes! It is nice it is Saturday again!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents10 July 2010 at 02:06

    Oh, and congrats on winning that adorable cupcake stand from CC!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  4. Queen of Dreamsz10 July 2010 at 03:39

    Happy PiNk, Susie...

    My post isn't even up yet! I was soon to contact you to see if you were still among the living! :0) We continue working in the house and my posting has been sparse.

    I am so totally understanding your eyeglass situation. I kept 3 different glasses until about 18 months ago. I'm now in a progressive lense (distance, midrange and closeup). I also keep a single vision just for the computer. It's too much to get my monitor and seat just right so that close up part of the lense to be correct on the progressive. Geesh, and I have the tiny beginnings of cataracts so it has now clouded the lousy vision that I already had arrived at. Such is life...just keep your humor and keep on going.

    Good for you on your diet. I'll check out your blog. I'll check out the new blog you just finished too. Glad you've been busy with work. :0)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new glasses Susie, no joke when you can't see proplery. Love the pictures you have put on and enjoyed reading your post today

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Quintessential Magpie10 July 2010 at 14:58

    Happy Pink Saturday, Susie!

    I have progressive lenses in my glasses, and I have finally gotten used to them. My husband hated his so much that he is now wearing cheaters. For some reason, his distance vision improved! But I am married to my glasses.

    Love all of your PS images today, and I will be sure and visit your friend.

    Happy Pink Saturday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm glad to hear from you! I was starting to worry! (0; I am not wearing prescription glasses just YET, but I can tell I will HAVE to somewhere along the line! Right now I get away with the cheap glasses right off the store racks, and I now find myself carrying as many as 3 pairs of glasses in my purse, depending on the purpose they may be needed for!.. Lately I just want to read and read and read (only thing I WANT to do in this wretched heat! It's finally cooling down. Hooray!).. The trouble now is that my eyes still get strained before I want to put the book DOWN yet, and that can be VERY frustrating!! Oh well... Just checked out your new blog, and you know I'm routing for you!! Go Susie! Go Susie!!.. Have a great weekend! ((hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand the glasses issues, my doctor so 'kindly' put it - your over 40 now and your eyes are changing! Well, so what! I miss my vision! I have readers at the moment and have to go - can see bifocals in my future! Did I mention I also occasionally have vertigo! Life is a rollercoaster!
    Happy Pink Saturday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far I only need reading glasses, so I guess I'm lucky not to have to deal with that business yet!
    I love all of the pictures you shared, especially the one with the boy diving into that feast!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. thestonerabbit11 July 2010 at 20:30

    I FEEL your pain about the glasses issues!! I did a post a little over a year ago about finally having to break down and buy REAL glasses. I had piles of readers in all different strengths...close up, mid-distance, etc. I could still see fairly well for longer distance, however, when they did a vision check at the optham. office, they determined I definitely needed distance correction, too. SO I ordered tri-focals. It took me FOREVER to get used to them...it was ages before I could focus on the computer screen with them (I kept reaching for my old "reader" standbys)....and FINALLY one day, it just all "clicked" and I could SEE!!! :) It was a miracle....I could see the priest's face in church and street signs and things up close...all with the same pair of glasses! I do admit, I keep a set of my old readers in my purse and car at all times...just in case I break my REAL glasses!! :)

    I hope you had a wonderful Pink Saturday!! dana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful things, sugar. I'm just back today from 4 days in the Sawtooth Mountains of Idaho and you can definitely expect a blog about it. Happy pink saturday!
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Susie! What a brilliant solution for your eyes! I have "graduated" contact lenses, one of them this and one of them that, too, which require "reading" glasses in order to see the computer. I finally just started wearing my distance glasses and taking them off for computer work. I think I have about 10 pair of reading glasses for over the contacts in different strengths. Too much bother. I see fine without anything!!! to read.

    Congrats on your win. Also, so glad you are busy with work. That's a good busy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susie, wow i didnt realize it had been so long since i visited but it has and i had been thinking of you and so i came to visit. I have enjoyed your post and loved the photoshopped lady she is very ( how do the kids say? .. cool !) Lovely prize you recieved too. I particularly loved the images and Scarborough is not far from me really, you are right its gorgeous.
    Hope you are well and your eyesight is now sorted out?
    hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool and cute!
    Regards Susie dear.

    " Happy Pink Saturday "

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sharon House, Victoria, B.C. Canada18 July 2010 at 15:32

    Hi there my friend! Having just recovered from two eye surgeries I can relate to the eyesight and migraine stuff all too well! Ah but now I see like a hawk... nothing gets by me now LOL.

    Love the graphics! It's Susie humour tee hee

    Sharon
    http://mystoryart.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel compelled to complain publicly! I have put in at least a billion capatcha or whatever codes today for Pink Saturday. And, while it does not reach the limit of the US national debt, it is just as bothersome to me! Bothersome? Did I use that word? No, it is scream at the top of your lungs frustrating. Oops...hope you don't have one...maybe there are blog stalking bad guys out there making these necessary. Okay, I'm screaming at the bad guys.

    Question: Do you get to see Mad Men before us since you are ahead in time? If so, it's a double "no fair" day!

    Hope you are keeping busy. We are in denial about moving 3000 miles and doing nothing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas25 July 2010 at 04:08

    Wow, your blog is just beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing!
    I will sign up to follow~
    And, I am going to grab your button, so come on and check it out: www.msbinglesvintagechristmas.com
    Have a good evening!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Susie,

    Oh, so you are the one who won my cupcake stand? Well, it couldn't have gone to a nicer winner -- if I wasn't the lucky one that is. ;) A couple of months ago I searched in Munich's city center for such a cupcake stand, but, obviously, Germans aren't really into cupcakes after all. Hence cupcake stands aren't much in demand either. ;)

    Anyway, thanks so much for your tutorial how to number comments. I know it will come handy sooner or later. :)

    Happy creating,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  19. Susie Jefferson26 July 2010 at 10:49

    Birgit - now you're making me feel guilty! But I'm not giving it away to anyone!

    RE the numbered comments - you'll love them any time you are doing a competition or a giveaway...

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments, and I read each & every single one! Thank you so much.
 
Spammers please note - all comments are moderated, so your spam will not get through!