Wednesday, 18 August 2010

MARILYN'S ALBUM

All photographs copyright Marilyn Saunders
Marilyn Saunders (another of the ladies who took my Gerrards Cross Japanese Stab-bound albums class several weeks ago) has just sent me photos of a new album she's just made.

Beading detail on binding - beautifully matched and sized!
Closeup of beading detail on spine
Detail of clasp
I have to say that I'm wildly impressed! 

Hand-stamped cover paper, satin ribbon binding over-bound with beads... wow and double wow! (wish I'd thought of the beads....)

5 comments:

  1. It is Gorgeous Susie you must be a good teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Country Wings in Phoenix18 August 2010 at 23:53

    Hi Suzie Sweetie...
    What a beautiful book of love. She did an outstanding job and I too love the addition of the beads. Sure does make the spine pop. Beautiful coloring and I so love the pattern. That clasp is quite beautiful in itself. Please thank your student for sharing her beauty with us.

    Oh how I wish I lived close enough for a class or two. I am so missing out here.

    Love ya girl. Thanks again for the beautiful share. As always your post is exquisite.

    Country hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very impressed too. What a lovely finish to the journal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Queen of Dreamsz19 August 2010 at 06:41

    My gosh, these are so pretty...wish you were near me so I could take that class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tryingtocreatearteveryday19 August 2010 at 18:50

    you must have been a good teacher! it looks beautiful. It is Lynda from Putney....haven't heard from you in a while about meeting up?? Hope all is wellxlynda

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments, and I read each & every single one! Thank you so much.
 
Spammers please note - all comments are moderated, so your spam will not get through!