Friday, 22 October 2010

PINK SATURDAY - CHEERING MYSELF UP

Add caption

Gorgeous flowers always cheer me up, and it's been a very hard week... full of frustrations, mainly with Blogger and my link.

So I'm putting all that on the back burner for a while, and have decided to look at some eye candy to instill a little peace and tranquility.

Isn't the picture above a sublime image?  I find it very calming - I saved this pic as a bit of inspiration as I'm doing some digital scrapbooking with an eye to design. In this spread, I love the calmness and the space. Needless to say, I can attribute the picture but I can't find the blog link anywhere! Otherwise, I'd give it to you. So if anyone recognises this, please let me know. I'd love to see more of her work.




Again, I can't attribute this as I have no idea where I found it. Lovely, so unusual and a wonderful way to photograph a single bloom. I can see this as a wedding invitation!



Another glorious one - makes me think of summer skies. Now we're well into Autumn, it's a really evocative picture. Wish I knew whose it was, so I could provide credit. If it's you - please tell me!


Finally, a perfect winter rose. It's the colours...  a breath away from being frozen in winter air: preserved forever just as we see it. Unless we touch it, and it crumbles into dust...

My Blog Of The Week is Dreams Fulfilled - she has some great scrapbooking stuff, free for personal use, and there's a great Halloween alphabet you may like.

pink saturday

Finally, please visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound to see all the other wonderful Pink Saturday posts!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Pink Saturday, Susie. I hope you are enjoying the day and finding pretty, fun and creative goodies to inspire you.

    There are many times I have to look for spots of calm and peace from my frustrations, too. After all, blogging is not supposed to be hard. A few years ago I lost two years of posts, and I still am not "over" it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These flowers are magnificent. I love what you have created. I especially adore the last frame. Your work is wonderful, and so is your beautiful blog.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Pink Saturday! You Pink blooms are so lovely...and refreshing!! Our flowers in the midwest are fading....about to get nailed by our first frost!!! I love the changing seasons, but I hate loosing our flowers.

    Have a great day! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. black eyed susans kitchen23 October 2010 at 15:14

    Susie, Your pink flower pictures are lovely. Maybe the full moon isn't helping any this week...feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photo's Susie, very soothing. Have just got myself the Serrif scrapbooking cds, just need time to try them now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie, I am so sorry this has been a frustrating transition! However, you and Jenn at Maidenshade have inspired me to work on my own.

    Since I know better, :), off I went to the book store for "Typepad for Dummies"! I'm making my way through slowly and determined to get it ALL in one place. We shall see. I have 3 weeks of hotel time with nothing more than the dogs starting Monday.

    Best of all to you! I love how it is looking over here on Wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely, peaceful photos. Hope your weekend is great!

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents23 October 2010 at 22:12

    Hi Susie! Great images you've posted today! Makes for a happy PS!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couture de Papier24 October 2010 at 18:28

    Beautiful..Thank you for sharing..
    HPS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynn@ The Vintage Nest26 October 2010 at 21:44

    Hi Susie, I am so glad you stopped by the Vintage Nest. Haven't seen you in a while. I am just back from a trip and trying to catch up on all my comments...late but better than never. So sorry you had so much frustration with wordpress. My son tried to get me to switch but I was just not up for learning something new right now. It's all I can do to deal with my website and learning code. I am off now to read about your adventure with Live Writer. :) xoxo Lynn Whoops...I forgot to wish you a Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments, and I read each & every single one! Thank you so much.
 
Spammers please note - all comments are moderated, so your spam will not get through!