I used a pamphlet stitch (see my tutorial in my Etsy shop if you want to make one), which just goes to show that a basic stitch needn't result in a boring book!
|The front - generous grograin tape ties. The tapes run right through, front to back, hidden inside the detatchable cover. In my Etsy shop now!|
|Closeup of the titling: distressed, embossed and mounted with tiny brads in 3 separate pieces (which can be removed if required). Cover paper is Bockingford heavyweight watercolour paper.|
|Inner cover, showing the paste paper finish inside (I made the effect by paddling with my gloved fingers) which is slightly dimensional.|
|Showing the pages - 8 pages (16 sides) of Saunders Waterford hand-poured watercolour paper with a natural deckle edge. I've distressed the pages very lightly, allowing for journalling, artwork etc.|
|The back - also with tapes threaded through. The cover is distressed with walnut ink, coffee and tea, and I added little grains of coffee and walnut ink to achieve the 'foxed' effect.|
|Another closeup from a different angle, so you can see the tied tapes better.|
I've just put this into my Etsy shop - finally feel I can let go of it (they're like my children, I can't always let them out the house, lol)