Friday, 4 March 2011

HAPPY PINK ME & TIM HOLTZ PIX

Happy Pink Saturday to everyone! 
Camera envy! O how I love this one!
My first pic is another shot of my wonderful new camera: metallic pink, and a rather nice muted raspberry at that. I already posted one pic of it, but I'm so pleased with my new toy that one is not enough! I can actually operate and was able to use the zoom lens (which is more than I can say for that last disaster).

1st shot of my Configuration Box - this is the one I started at the Tim Holtz gig last week, but didn't have time to completely finish
Closeup detail (yes, I actually managed to operate a zoom lens)
A 2nd zoom closeup shot, just to prove it wasn't a fluke
And a 3rd closeup (yes, now I'm just showing off)
And my box in all its glory again (different shot, just to prove I COULD, lol)
I finished my Configuration Box today, and these are the very first pictures I took with the new camera - lovely and sharp, no wobble. I amazed myself!

TOTALLY IN THE PINK: PIX WITH TIM HOLTZ

Tim with the Blade Rubber Design Team - Sue on the far left, then me, Tim, Chris and Liz. Did you notice Tim had his hand on my shoulder! My little claim to fame - be still my beating heart etc, lol lol lol
In fact I'm so overcome I have my head on his shoulder. And he's STILL smiling. That man has the patience of a saint, seriously.
Me with Mario - who also has unfailing patience (and remembered me from last week at Birmingham, and said he liked my hair). A thousand blessings upon him. I so admire a man with taste, lol.  (Shame I don't look nicer - I wasn't ready for the shot. And in case you were asking, it's a Mickey Mouse Tshirt.)
My friends have all sent their 'Tim' pix, so I'll be editing them over the weekend and posting them for everyone to drool over ASAP. So although technically these photos aren't pink, we're all feeling 'in the pink' so I say they qualify!

Now you've finished drooling over my pix, do go and take a look at How Sweet the Sound to see how the rest of Beverly's gang are doing. Happy Pinks, folks!

22 comments:

  1. Oh Susie, I can tell you had a wonderful time at your class. I love what you made, lots of interesting things going on in the fab box. I could sit and look at it for a long time and see something new.
    I will have to look into a camera like yours, it looks like it would be so easy to carry around.
    Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC configuration box, you clever girl you! Love all the photos, esp those of Tim. I can photoshop you out and put me in. Almost as good as being there myself!

    Thanks for your Vagabond advice - I managed to track one down at my local crafting shop (The Craft Barn in Lingfield) at £149, which was the cheapest I could find as well.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy@Beatrice Banks4 March 2011 at 23:46

    Pink and Canon! Who would have ever thought they'd go together. Sweet camera! Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie Jefferson4 March 2011 at 23:46

    Yaay, you got one! Isn't it brilliant - such a time saver, and wear & tear on the joints too (all that hand cranking cannot be good) as well as being a spiffy piece of kit.

    I've even repurposed the box - perfect for 12 x 12 papers (I've outgrown my storage again) so this is currently sitting on top of the wardrobe. That handle is a great help. I'm so glad you got it at such a good price - I've seen it going for £175!

    In a post (2 posts down I think) where it shows the canvases, the 'skirt' of the dress model is the bird cage die,with a section cut out on either side. Fiendishly clever, no?

    And thanks so much for the compliment on the box. I had a whale of a time doing it. Yes, go ahead and photoshop yourself into the photos - but you'll still have my feet, lol lol lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. liberal sprinkles5 March 2011 at 01:53

    omg that box is so so gorgeous! I want!! You did well with the new camera. Happy Pink Saturday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaye - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation5 March 2011 at 02:21

    HOW COOL! I have a bit older model of the easy to use Canon Powershot digital camera and LOVE IT! It really is ultra easy to use but has plenty of extras if you want to do more than point and click. AND it also has the image stabilization feature that makes up for any shaky hands I may have. I know you're going to LOVE yours for years as well. :) Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susie, your post made me smile. He is a cute fellow isn't he? You look like you were having a blast. Your project is really cool. That must have taken some serious thought and planning! It is really special. I love the little bird cage. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio5 March 2011 at 03:33

    Wow on the box ... I'm in the market for a new camera myself. And hey, you should show off those camera skills ! great photos.
    Happy Pink Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy pink Saturday. Love the pink camera. Loving the configuration box. It's gorgeous.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun you must've had! Love your creation!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She'sSewPretty5 March 2011 at 05:51

    I think I said it last week but I'll say it again!! Lucky you! Tim Holtz is sooooo talented! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh hun I am so envious,that has been my dream to meet tim,but will never be,funny I was looking at your hair,thinking how nice is looked,just brilliant photos,hun that camera is the same as mine,easy to use,and,great to carry about too,just love your box hun could sit and look at that all day so much to see,brilliant,but then you always were,such an amazing artist,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Queen of Dreamsz5 March 2011 at 08:45

    Hi Susie,

    Well that pink camera has given you an attitude! hee hee A good one at that! Your configuration box is totally cool. I love it.

    Happy Pink!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anne Huskey-Lockard5 March 2011 at 12:13

    Groupie....heeheehee!
    I love the box with all the goodies! It is deMengish as well as Holtzish. And glad that the camera is easy to use! (love my little Canon, though it is not pink...)
    A fun time was had by all, yes??? ;-)

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! Your configuration box is awesome! I love it! And I'm jealous that you actually got to meet Tim Holz - how cool is that! And your right - Mario has excellent taste! : ) I just got a new camera too - Ruby Red - my hubby gave to me for Valentine's Day. Just used it for the first time last night. Happy Pink Sat.

    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Susan Ramey Cleveland5 March 2011 at 15:55

    Sounds like a fun class. Love the shadow box.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun With This and That5 March 2011 at 20:45

    Wow What fun that would be to take a claass like you did.The box is so fun and nice. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your configuration box is awesome....so creative. I know you are pleased with it. Love the pink Canon, too. I have owned Canons for years and years but never a pink one. My son had one, but sadly it bit the dust. I love ponk sewing machines and pink cameras. HPS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I love the box! I also love the pink camera...I have one too, although not a cannon...i am a new follower...Happy pink Saturday! Pinkim!TrulySimplyPink

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a whirlwind fantastic dream time you've had and with that new hairdo you've come out looking a million dollars! Love it!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Susie, so great to meet you in person and a pitty we didn't get that picture. Your box is looking fab.
    Wishing you a creative week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab box Susie and fab photo's thanks for letting share your art

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments, and I read each & every single one! Thank you so much.
 
Spammers please note - all comments are moderated, so your spam will not get through!