Sunday, 27 March 2011

MORE BLOGGER UPDATES (MESSAROUNDS?)

I'm so upset, I'm ready to stick my head in a bucket!
I'm wondering whether you too are experiencing major problems with your blog?

This could be anything from your 'Older Posts' button at the very bottom of your page no longer working, or giving you an error message - to the problem I'm having. Which is that all my 'quick edit' icons have disappeared (the little pencils) and the New Post button at the top of my blog. I'm having to sign in to my blog every single time to even get to the Dashboard! And no, I don't have a solution for that.... yet....

So what's causing it? Read this post: Blogger is doing more major updates and giving us a whole new look. All I can say is... if it ain't broken, DON'T FIX IT. Because now we are all in a mess - again.
Make mine a [very] large one!
All I can advise is that we panic (very quietly) and go ahead and bear ourselves with patience. Failing that, I recommend copious amounts of chocolate and strong alcohol.

This is definitely a 'two-large-bars-of-chocolate' crisis!
In the meantime, for those of you having the 'Older Posts' problem, where you get an error message every time anyone clicks on it, here's a temporary solution.

Create a 'sticky post' under your header. This is static, and will stay where it's put until you delete it.
You don't need to put anything in the title section unless you want to: 'Read This' etc
Add a text widget into the 'Add A Gadget' box directly under your header, and type in a message along the  lines suggested above.

This is how the box will look when in Design view.
And here is how it looks, 'live' on my test blog.

Another suggestion: change the number of posts per page:

I hope this helps!


When I think of a solution to the other problems (no 'quick edit' widget etc) I'll let you know.

7 comments:

  1. SO far I personally haven't noticed any problems with my blog. Other bloggers did have problems though. HHHMMM maybe I have been a good girl this year lol ;)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up to now I have not had a prob Susie, you do make me laugh the way you write your posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. So frustrating!! Makes you want to scream; but I have had problems off and on with blogger--these too shall pass.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo from Fiddlesnips sent me over here ...my photos are disappearing !
    Also when I could actually add a picture I have to add one at a time then save as draft - edit & post the next picture. It's so time consuming. All my saved pictures for a photo scavenger hunt have vanished.

    Lovely Blog. Reminds me of my grandparents First floor flat in a grand building in Hove.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problems so far but I have had them in the past. I hate that you are experiencing all of these right now. Thank you for a solution, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plush Possum Studio30 March 2011 at 20:33

    Wow1 Not one of us had been experiencing the sorts of problems listed here. i hope we never shall, but it's nice to hear in advance if we are to! Thanks for the tip as well.
    Hope things get back to normal for you shortlY!!!!
    Rose & Studio

    ReplyDelete
  7. artfulgathering2 April 2011 at 03:28

    My problem lately is Blogger driving me batty with spacing issues. I'm with you...if it ain't broke - don't fix it! But that does not seem to be the mind set these days.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments, and I read each & every single one! Thank you so much.
 
Spammers please note - all comments are moderated, so your spam will not get through!