At the moment I'm so busy I'm going to meet myself coming backwards, as my mother used to say. I'm in the middle of doing THREE blog makeovers!
So I'm in need of a VERY strong coffee or three...
I'm always forgetting to drink it, and I hate lukewarm coffee, so I've trawled the net and come up with a few COLD coffee recipes I think are do-able (I love frappucinos):
'STARBUCKS' FROZEN FRAPPUCINO
Found on Grouprecipes
3/4 cup double-strength coffee, cold
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup low-fat milk
2 cups ice
3 tablespoons caramel topping
3 tablespoons Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- Make double-strength coffee by brewing with twice the usual quantity of coffee required by your coffee maker: 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup of coffee.
- Chill before using.
- To make drink, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until ice is crushed and drink is smooth.
- Pour into two 16-ounce glasses, and serve with a straw.
For this version, add 3 tablespoons of caramel topping to the original recipe and prepare as described. Top each glass with whipped cream and drizzle additional caramel over the whipped cream.
For this version, add 3 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup to the original recipe and prepare as described. Top each glass with whipped cream, if desired.
⅔ cup double-strength coffee, chilled, see prep tip
⅔ cup (1%) low-fat milk, see substitution tip
2 tablespoons caramel topping
4 packages Splenda, Equal, or other sugar substitute
2 teaspoons sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla
2¾ cups ice
Light whipped cream or light vanilla flavored whipped cream, see shopping tip
1½ teaspoons caramel topping
- Combine chilled coffee, milk, caramel topping, Splenda, sugar, vanilla and ice in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until ice is crushed and drink is smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses.
- Top each glass with 2 tablespoons whipped cream and drizzle about ¾ teaspoon caramel topping over each.
New to some supermarkets is a light vanilla flavored whipped cream. The vanilla makes it a creamy color. instead of white. If you can’t find it use any brand of light whipped cream.
- Make double-strength coffee by brewing with twice the coffee required by your coffee maker.
- Use 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup of coffee.
- Chill before using.
- Make extra, if desired, to keep on hand in the refrigerator.
- We used fresh brewed hazelnut flavored coffee for this recipe but any regular or decaf coffee will work.
Otherwise, this counts as Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
Skinny Facts: for a (12oz) serving including 2 tablespoons light whipped cream and a little caramel drizzle
- 133 calories
- 1.8g fat
- 3g protein
- 26g carbs
- 0g fiber
- 9g sugar
- 126mg sodium
Finally, please visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound to see all the other wonderful Pink Saturday posts!