Search

View from the side, really showcasing that crackle

Here's a Christmas card I've just finished (my first... might be my ONLY, lol lol lol).

The Caught In Crystal piece is on the left of St Matilde, layered under the slide mount (which I've covered with vintage sheet music to match the background layer, which in turn is layered to deckle-edged cream card, then to a top folded dark red card. The gold detailing at the edge is German scrap and some little diamante stones.
The background piece is the old Caught in Crystal technique (acetate, squirt dimensional adhesive - Diamond Glaze, Glossy Accents etc - on the back, then add reinkers. Crumple up some giftwrap tissue, plonk on top, allow to dry).

What I've done here is the updated version - exactly the same but using alcohol inks (Tim Holtz) which gives a much brighter effect, plus it dries a lot quicker. This needs to be limited to 3 or 4 colours, or it starts to look muddy. Of course I've added my own special touches: mica powders, glitter, German Glass glitter etc etc.

Stamped and embossed in gold onto black card, I've painted with Twinkling H20s and coated really heavily with Tim Holtz's Crackle Accents - it really picks up the sparkle! I'm really impressed with the result and will be buying more!
The Stampington St Matilde image uses the Faux Cloisonne technique: stamped and embossed in  gold then painted with Twinkling H20 paints. Once dry, I did a little variation: flooded with Crackle Accents. Doesn't it look effective! It took overnight to dry, but my goodness I do like this crackle.

Hope you like it!
I've put all three Configuration boxes up for sale on eBay (see the posts below for the YouTube videos) so if you're looking...
Copyright Susie Jefferson Another Configuration box - and another Christmas project.I had so much fun with this one. It's funny......
Copyright Susie Jefferson This Configuration box is a traditional Nativity scene . I've embellished the actual box very heavily ...
  Copyright Susie Jefferson I'm finally getting to grips with a video camera! And here's my first attempt. I did try with my Fl...
A Very Curious Wedding I bet you've all noticed I've been missing in action... because there's been TOO MUCH action! I'...
Christine's completed makeover - now named Brewed Adornments Just finished another makeover , my second one for Christine (I also di...
Annie's header - she created a background for me to do My Thing with her wonderful birdmen Just finished a really fun makeover for A...
If you want to get ahead, get a hat! Another journal page I finished earlier this week - it was so hot, I couldn't bear to sit at th...
I thought you might like to see another journal I've finished. This one's called BINGO for two reasons: I've used a bingo ca...
For all potential high flyers, anywhere!
Just finished this journal spread, just in time for Pink Saturday. Phew! This one, I roughly drew what I wanted in pencil on scrap paper...
A Garden is Heaven on earth - journal page I've been noodling around, painting in my journal (I MADE time for once - I was desperate...
Showing the stitching on the spine Here's one of my very favourite book formats: the Coptic stitch . I just love how the exposed stit...
My Olympic Configurations tray I thought I'd do a Configuration Tray in an Olympic theme - and I think it came out rather well, all ...