Monday, 9 January 2012

PLACES TO VISIT IN LONDON - CORNELISSEN

What with the Olympics etc, there'll be more visitors to London than ever - so I thought a series on great shops to visit might be a good idea.




Cornelissen is the most fabulous art shop in London!  On Great Russell Street (same road as the British Museum) and just off Tottenham Court Road, so very easy to find. If you get a chance, you must visit.

They sell most art materials, some unusual ones, and pure powdered pigment in glass jars for you to mix your own watercolours and oil paints, just like the Old Masters - and as when the shop first opened (in 1855). Of course they now sell acrylics, wonderful brushes etc, and some really unusual watercolour pans. The floorboards are the originals,and creak wonderfully, the staff are knowledgeable and helpful, and all in all, it's irresistable!

I took these a little while before Christmas, intending to write a post,  but what with Christmas etc, and having been polaxed with flu (first me, then Himself, then I went down with something else...)  so better late than never, lol.

5 comments:

  1. Queen Of Dreamsz Art and Collections9 January 2012 at 19:58

    Hi Susie,

    What a fabulous shop...how I wish I were there to see all of this. Being a fiber person I've been in love with Liberty of London fabrics for at least a decade. I'd love to go into one of their shops and pet every piece of fabric. :0)...and possibly leave with some!

    I do hope you and hubby are well...knock on wood....I haven't had the flu in decades.

    Have a wonderful week,
    Steph ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie! Yes, Liberty is another shop which is a must, as well. Re flu - what really made me mad is that I had the injection to prevent it! So there must be different strains going round, or else it's mutated. London's so crowded, it's hard NOT to catch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful shop that I MUST visit on my next trip to London. I love to see old frontages left as they've been for so long, keeping the character of these treasure troves. Thanks for that!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I could come just to visit "your" London! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gabriela Delworth11 January 2012 at 17:29

    Hello Susie,

    Well, of course! If I ever get to visit England you will be the first to know...


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments, and I read each & every single one! Thank you so much.
 
Spammers please note - all comments are moderated, so your spam will not get through!