Wednesday, 22 February 2012

3 MORE TAGS

Here's three more quick tags I made as Thank You's - hope they give a couple of ideas...

Da Vinci Lady

Da Vinci lady 

Another quick 'Thank You' tag - again, using the Da Vinci lady. (Special order from BladeRubber Stamps). This tag is a little more grungey, with the image coloured with ProMarker pens, then a piece of Japanese Sanwa tissue crumpled and loosely glued over the top to soften it down. I then added two different scraps of lace (cunningly covering the glue on two sides), chenille fibre and a little pearl string (covering the glue on the other two sides), a metal flower with a stone, and a little key.

I sent this one off without scanning, so big thanks to Dot, who scanned this for me and sent the pic back so I could put it on the blog. Bless you!

'At Home' Days

 
In Victorian times, ladies were 'at home' and receiving visitors - or not at home (in other words, hair needed washing, nothing to wear etc etc) and in that case they weren't receiving callers. Hence the start of calling cards, letting people know you'd come round to visit and they could call on you later, when convenient.

So that was the inspiration for this tag. I've stamped a face (Queen Victoria - from a block by the now-defunct PostModernDesign) on a small sales tag using Black Soot Distress Ink, edged it with black, wiped over with Antique Linen Distress ink to age it a little more then mounted it onto a manilla tag (medium size). I added a torn strip of vintage sheet music, three heart shaped Karen Foster buttons and some scraps of lace, finishing with some triangle flag shapes and a bit of white satin ribbon. Fast and easy!

The Lost Boys

 
This was inspired by my old Peter Pan book (I cut out the text and used it - the book was disintegrating anyway and the covers had come off, so I haven't made it any worse, lol). I imagined what they'd look like, all grown up.

I've used the gentlemen from my own 'Thank Heavens' stamp plate (which I designed for Blade Rubber Stamps  the size is perfect for ATCs and tags) and embossed with black onto brown card, then coloured in the background with a Butterscotch Adirondak pen to make the men stand out a little more. This went on top of a strip of vintage dictionary text and remnants of lace. Finally, I cut out the words and glued them on top, and used a bit of string for the hanger bit.

A tag is just perfect for this sort of project - not too big, so it doesn't need a lot of embellishing, and because it's an interesting shape anyway, just a couple of elements are enough. Plus you can buy them in any stationery shop, which makes them easy to get hold of.
Note: I've also duplicated these posts on the BladeRubber Stamps blog (which I also write). Just letting you know, in case you think you're seeing things, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Well Sue 3 great tags and am pleased to say I got the de Vinci lady. It was a pleasure to scan for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful for your buyers! I was just thinking that when I run out of my chipboard words that I pop in, tags would be great.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments, and I read each & every single one! Thank you so much.
 
Spammers please note - all comments are moderated, so your spam will not get through!