Tuesday, 14 August 2012

GARDEN journal page

A Garden is Heaven on earth - journal page

I've been noodling around, painting in my journal (I MADE time for once - I was desperately in need of some hands-on art time to clear the cobwebs...) and this is the result.

Closeup showing the lace, the ric-rac braid, punched paper border - and lots of paint.
Closeup showing paper flowers with glitter, my handpainted flowers all over the place.  I drew back into the piece with a black brush pen to give a strong outline, then overpainted the black lines with clear water to smudge it all, to add shadow.
Hope you like it! I finished the lettering (painting the chipboard etc) Sunday night with half an eye on the TV. And before you ask, yes, the lace is real.

8 comments:

  1. Ohhh Susie this is a gorgeous journal page. I love your lady she is so pretty and that fabulous textural dress is brilliant. love all the details in fact
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, my dear!!!
    Hugs from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Susie! Love that gal and all your painted flowers on the right. Looks like this was a pleasure to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie, I just found your blog through a mutual follower. I love, love, love it, just as she said I would. Your newest follower, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! Yes, it was a total pleasure to be messing around with some paint. Thanks so much for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! I was in desperate need of clearing the cobwebs too. ;) Amazing how it works.

    Always fun stopping by, Susie.
    Much love,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is really pretty! But I like the one you made for Pink Saturday better. Can't believe you made those, I thought it was store bought.

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments, and I read each & every single one! Thank you so much.
 
Spammers please note - all comments are moderated, so your spam will not get through!