Saturday, 10 August 2013

PINK SATURDAY - CROCHET SCARF

Bottom of scarf, with appliqued flowers and leaves, and showing fringe detail
I haven't contributed to the Pink Saturday meme for months due to the foot op, and not being able to sit comfortably at the computer due to lack of leg room.

Full length view
Closeup of middle row flowers

So I thought it was about time I joined in again, and also show you what I was up to while I was laid up: crochet! I used to crochet a lot when younger, and now with the resurgence of interest in the craft, dusted off my hooks and got going again.

Another view, showing the scarf draped a little better



This is a scarf I designed myself - basically, it's one row of double crochet, 1 row treble (UK instructions - I think it's half double crochet and double in the US???) and I crocheted the flowers and leaves separately then appliqued them on. I'm pretty sure the patterns for those are in my Pinterest folder.

Scarf laid flat

I just did the scarf as wide as I thought it needed to be, and carried on till I ran out of wool - hope you like it! I will be making more, although I seem to wobble a bit at the side edges (lack of practice, lol).

I've also done two Granny Square bolster covers!

pink saturday Finally, please visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound to see all the other wonderful Pink Saturday posts!

3 comments:

  1. Susie, I wish I could knit or crochet but I've tried several times and can never get it right so gave up. I have too many other projects anyway to take on another, but your scarf is darling. I also understand "foot surgery." Arrrghhh! I had it a couple of years ago and while it helped I hated having to hobble around for weeks while it healed.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! Love your note to spammers! Hi Susie, I wondered where you had been. Hope you are well on your way to mending now. I wish I could crochet. I see so many adorable baby hats at top prices (which I pay). Maybe in my old age, (ha!) I"ll take it up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Susie...so glad you are feeling better since the surgery.
    Thanks so much for coming by.
    I love your adorable scarf....what a great design.

    Did you know about THE PINK SCARF PROJECT, making or buying a pink scarf for a dear lady fighting breast cancer? The info is on my sidebar in case you'd like to donate one of your pretty scarfs. I am not good at crocheting but have a scarf almost finished (just used single and double crochet stitches...NOTHING fancy....just PINK.) LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments, and I read each & every single one! Thank you so much.
 
Spammers please note - all comments are moderated, so your spam will not get through!