Saturday, 27 September 2014

Spread from my Zombie journal


As we're shortly coming up to Halloween, I thought you might like to see one of the spreads from the Art Journalling class I'm teaching.


This one is a vampire, from my Zombie journal - in the Faces&Figures section on 26 October. The face is heavily crackled, with lots of encrustation and a strip of flat-back crystals, dripped red inks (blood).


The quotation is by Virginia Woolf:
The beauty of the world which is so soon to perish, has two edges, one of laughter, one of anguish, cutting the heart asunder.

I haven't yet made up my mind whether this needs any further wording. I purposely made the writing loose and slightly illegible. I think it kind of speaks for itself....

2 comments:

  1. What a super page, Susie! Just spotted a hanging of yours on Pinterest - so nice to see your work. (love it and came by get the proper link for it but can't seem to spot it - the url on the Pin is broken here: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/104568022574203095 incase you can update)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marjie - Thank you so much!

      RE the Pinterest, not quite sure what to do... every link is pointing to 1stfloorflat.co.uk and not 1stfloorflat.blogspot.co.uk - so although I've altered the settings, it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Maybe my best bet is to delete all my pix and totally reload them again?

      Wonder if there's a short cut, as there seems no way to do an edit on the url of the pix themselves. Then again, re Pinterest, I'm no expert.....

      Hugs etc,
      Susie

      Delete

I love to receive comments, and I read each & every single one! Thank you so much.
 
Spammers please note - all comments are moderated, so your spam will not get through!