Search

POLKADOODLES: one stamp, two cards!

This time, I thought it would be nice to show the same stamp, the same layout - but two completely different looks! A great way to get more mileage from your stamps.

Here, I've used the smoother side of my watercolour paper and stamped the daisy plate from the Flower Collage stamp set. I used Archival ink in black to stamp the first image, and Distress ink in Dusty Concord for the second image.
I coloured the first image with watercolour paints, painting around the outer edges of the images with a sky blue first, then filled in the other images afterwards. For the lilac card, I used a damp paintbrush (a waterbrush would also work beautifully) to pick up the colour from the Distress ink, and just a little purple watercolour to add deeper shadows. I also stamped the large daisy a second time, onto a of scrap watercolour paper, coloured it the same way, and cut it out to decoupage later.

Finishing touches on the first card

I layered my torn card to a piece of black card, to make the colour really pop. I painted the edges on the right-hand side with more blue watercolour, where they stand off the black card. This made the entire image pop when matted to a top-folded A5 white card.


Next, I added a black ribbon bow, and die cut Hello in white card, then glued this in place. I also added Glossy Accents to the petals.
Finally, I stamped the sentiment onto white card, cut to size, and tucked this in place under the knot of the ribbon.

Finishing touches on the lilac card

I used the dotty stencil to add spots of colour on both sides, top and bottom, varying my pressure when sponging on the Distress ink to give a variation in shading. Next, I cut a piece of vellum just slightly smaller than the top-folded A5 white card, and ran a Versamark pen around the edge roughly, then embossed in gold to add extra dimension. I attached this to the card front with eyelets in white.


I also tore around the stamped image, and gave the edges the same treatment as the vellum, tied lilac organza ribbon around the image before adhering to the card front using foam tape. I added the Hello die cut in the same place as the other card, and stamped and embossed the sentiment, again tucking in place under the knot of the ribbon.
The final touch was Glossy Accents on the small daisy petals, and a little clear sparkle pen on the cut-out petals of the large daisy, which I shaped with my fingers before sticking place with glue gel.

I added more Glossy Accents in the centres of all the daisies before adding small art stones (micro beads would also work).

I've used:
Hello die cut sentiment
Sentimentals stamp set
Snowball/snowy/bubble/dots Stencil
Flower Collage stamp set

I do hope you'll give this a try!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments, and I read each & every single one! Thank you so much. DO NOT leave comments with links or attachments - these will be deleted immediately!
 
I'm sorry to have to put Captcha back on - I know how annoying it it is - but I'm getting targeted by spammers again.